The Anaerobic Phased Solids (APS) Pilot Plant at UC Davis proved technology utilization at scale. During the initial pilot test, it:
- Operated continuously for 10 months
- Converted roughly 5 tons of food processing waste daily
- Converted over 90% of biodegradable organics to methane
- Proved stable performance and high biogas yield from currently land-filled waste
- Developed cost model and process model for reliable scale up and engineering design
- Tested feedstocks from a northern California food waste collection program and municipal source-separated organic waste
Results of this pilot test were presented at international symposia and in scientific journals.