Got Organic Waste?
At CleanWorld, we’re actively seeking opportunities to help large and small organic producers located in northern California get their organic waste to our commercial BioDigesters.
Our high-solids anaerobic digesters give us the ability to take your food and other organic waste (packaged and source-separated) and convert it into either negative carbon renewable transportation fuel or renewable electricity.
Call Ethan Hanohano at 916-201-1705 for your personal waste assessment and to take a tour of our facility, or connect through our Contact Portal. You can also complete a preliminary waste assessment through our Waste Assessment Portal.
What Can CleanWorld BioDigesters Eat?
CleanWorld BioDigesters can accept a variety of organic waste streams as feedstock, and our preprocessing technology allows a higher tolerance for contaminants than other organic waste disposal options.
Food and Restaurant Waste
CleanWorld’s BioDigesters accept most types of food waste from household collection programs, restaurants, and other food service operations. This food waste may be raw, frozen, dehydrated, cooked, rotten, or just leftover.
And most types of packaging do not present a problem. CleanWorld’s de-packaging technology means you don’t need to remove spoiled food from its containers. We can accept entire pallets of packaged or canned foods and provide a Certificate of Destruction, if required.
* Fruits, vegetables, and nuts
* Meat, poultry, and seafood
* Coffee grounds, coffee filters, and teabags
* Grains (rice, pasta, bread)
* Bakery items
* Dairy products and eggshells
* Pet food
* Fats, oils, and greases
* Biodegradable plastics, such as dinnerware and packaging (PHA- and PHB-based plastics are acceptable; PLA-based material is not)
Food Processing Waste
CleanWorld can accept food processing waste that is packaged or unpackaged.
* Bulk food processing ingredients such as sugars, starches, proteins, and concentrates
* Brewery waste, such as grain and malt remains
* High BOD wastewater
* Perennials, grasses, weeds, and herbs
* Floral waste
* Yard and garden waste (but no woody material)
* Livestock waste, including feed, bedding, and manure
* Non-hazardous wastewater
CleanWorld’s BioDigesters can handle the following types of materials mixed into organic waste streams. These products are separated out during preprocessing and sent for recycling. CleanWorld does not have the ability to process high amounts of glass or styrofoam.
* Cardboard: solid, corrugated, and waxed (tetra pak)
* Plastics: Polyethylene terephthalate (PET), disposable containers (such as clamshells), and plastic bags
* Metal: steel and aluminum cans
Connect with CleanWorld about your organic waste: Waste Assessment Portal.